"I'll Be Back!"

SO.... I'm back ladies and gentlemen! I cannot believe that since last year so many rumours have finally come about and some have left. Apple Car o whatever you wanna call it is being stopped as the project manager "seemingly left the company". Android wear for iPhone might open up AppleWatch for android devices and biggest and most importantly:

THE IPHONE 5 WILL BE BACK!!!!! Let me explain why out of all the rumours This is the one I am most excited about.
Apple started out by changing the computer industry, then changed the music industry with the iPod and the iTunes store; it is in this moment of history when I come into the apple addiction: my first time OWNING an apple made device was an iPod nano (2gigs black) the idea of ONE THOUSAND SONGS IN MY POCKET blew my mind at a pencil thin technological redesign of the iPod Mini. I would not change that iPod until the 3rd nano gen due to the amazing square redesign and video capabilities. Now don't get me wrong, iPods didn't make me fall for Apple, my love came in the form of the 1998 and later 2000 model iMac that one of my best friends dad used to work with... Color and an all in one device instead of monitor and CPU was the main reason why a 7 year old me felt like this was the future.

But let us get back on track: after my nano 5th gen, I decided it was time to ask for my dad for a iPhone without the phone: an iPod touch 3rd gen. My first cellphone was already a reality but it did NOTHING compared to an iPhone or an iPod touch (plus it was cheaper)... I still had to wait until my 18th birthday to get into the device to change my life into apple-centric 100%: the iPhone 5.
Sweet 4-inch screen with iOS 6 and all! Yeah, Scott Forstall had to pay the price of a horrible Maps app but really, worse things could have happened when leaving Google. My dad had the iPhone 4, later the 4s and i thought this change was truly a great step for Apple without Steve Jobs. But the REAL great moment in Apple iPhone history for me was the iPhone 5s...
This beauty not only was the GRAND change it got with iOS 7 and its translucent new ecosystem, it wasn't just about the S for "speed" which was significant compared to any iPhone before it with 64 bit architecture which no one ever even dreamed off (once again)... It really was about the fact that this phone was unexpectedly far from the phone the competition was expecting, 64 bit architecture being the biggest surprise for all, making it work was one thing but placing it into production was a completely different ball game. It is amazing how much the iPhone 5s changed the competition for the better. I fell in love about having the "one phone to rule them all".

To put into perspective, the 6s did beat other phones in speed for a while but its superiority did not last or shock the competition as much as the 5s did. So... is it a good deal to bring it back? I believe it will help all those people who criticised or fell back on the "bigger phone size movement" to make a point... by buying it. What I'm not sure about is if it will be an amazing sale compared to the other models and definitely NOT more than the iPhone 7 coming out later this year... But bringing back the 4-inch dimension will tackle a population that will say "this is what they have been waiting for".

I believe Apple has had issues and will continue to have issues (from MobileMe to Apple Maps to now Error 53). But it is when a truly ground breaking product comes through and grows that people will accept that they were wrong, like the iMac when it was a computer to say "hello again", the iPhone that was to be the Real Smart phone, or presently like the AppleWatch which i am definitely sure will become a great innovation product (more on the watch Here part 1 and here part 2).

All in all it is great to be able to theorise about Apple rumours to view how consistent or different to people's perspective about the upcoming product line-up the reality this March Keynote results.

PS. There will definitely be a March post about the Keynote which I will be watching live religiously like I have since 2010 for all keynotes.



Please remind yourself of how inspired Apple was when the iPhone 5s was its main product which seemed unbeatable:
Dreams commercial




Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame