Delivering on promises: Apple Watch Series 4

Let us walk back to April 24th 2015 when Tim Cook said that "there's one more thing..."

The original Apple Watch (as I mentioned way back when) was most definitely a first generation exploratory device. Apple shot everything at the consumer market and saw what stuck with us.

Of course apple freaks would buy them, but the secret was in finding what the rest of the market the normal consumer, would think of it. A lot of features that where introduced at first have either been eliminated completely or have become the most important feature. Now, 3 years later from that day in which some saw potential and some saw chaos the Apple Watch has become the number one WATCH (not just smart watch) in the world!

I have been using my new series 4 AppleWatch for almost a week, some days more intensively than others, but I am so impressed and in awe that I had to write out my thoughts before the week is over so that people who are about to or have just got their watch know the true value of having this new computer on your wrist.

FIRST, this is a completely reengineered form factor. Once you have it on your wrist everything becomes clear: it feels thinner, has a larger, brighter, faster. The S4 chip is clearly more capable, the improved mic and larger louder speaker only are the noticeable changes when worn... But please take a minute to appreciate the new all ceramic black back that is completely new and looks SOPHISTICATED.

SECOND, that sophisticated new back is not for looks, the ECG (electrocardiogram) capability is yet to come as an update but it is something that will breakthrough in terms of health and saving lives (as if it did not do enough of that before). Tracking lower heart rates and fall detection through studies that I would give my all to see footage of...

THIRD and most personally, I am getting ready for a huge goal of mine in January 2019. As I am training to run 78 kms in 4 consecutive days, the new Apple Watch training capabilities of reminder of starting and finishing workouts automatically plus live target pace management are a serious improvement to my training towards January and the 78kms (48.5miles).

FINALLY, details that I really was asking for. Podcasts on the watch directly, walkie talkie capabilities to have a fast live conversation with people without calling. Much better call quality, a more responsive and haptic engine powered Digital Crown and of course let us never forget that I am still using my bands from my series 1 and 2.

Let me tell you... The packaging changed, the unboxing changed, the screen changed, the software changed, the experience improved... But what you and I should really care about is the fact that... This is just the 3rd year in the life of this Fortune 500 sized product. Tim Cook is just getting started, the hardware and software will continue to push forward a product that as long as I have worn I realize there is no close second...

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame