Pre-Game for Star Wars Week

Tomorrow I will watch for the first time, then record and upload my Star Wars Non-Spoiler Review to the one and only AppleWorm podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes and PodOmatic! I have waited a long time for this day to arrive and of course I wanted to let you guys know my state of mind on this amazing day-before my first time enjoying Star Wars The Last Jedi.

One of the first movies I can remember seeing thanks to my amazing and crazy mother, was Star Wars Empire Strikes Back. An absolutely spiritual amazing science fiction journey that made me get completely absorbed by the colors, the plot and the crazy characters and ideas. My mom was shocked because out of all the questions I could have inquired her about when the movie ended I asked why this all took place "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away". She of course tried unsuccessfully to explain how there are planets very far away that are unreachable to humans, which means that the story of Star Wars could have happened centuries ago in planets technologically advanced... She finally explained that science fiction is not true just because it has science in its name. 

I was amazed at how great the imagination of someone was to come up with THIS big a story out of thin air. I had started to read imaginative books like Narnia and such so my imagination started to be fed by others' ideas of worlds and creatures like Aslan, witches, unicorns, etc. After that time you should have seen my mothers happiness when I asked if there were other movies like that. We BINGED before binging was mainstream! But by the time EPISODE III Revenge of the Sith came out (2005) I was up to date on everything, ready to enjoy my first Star Wars in the cinema.

So many people bash and attack the prequels (episodes I, II, III) but I truly love episodes I & III. I grew up with the movie reaction to those movies, and even when they were not universally love and so on... The truth is that I finally felt part of the Star Wars fans that had the experience of enjoying a large screen experience of the science fiction phenomenon.

I feel so proud and happy to say that thanks to my dad I love and am crazy about football (even when I do not cheer the team he does... story for another day). And thanks to my mom came my love for Star Wars. When The Force Awakens came out, me and my mom went to the premiere and had the time of our lives! There were cosplayers and all kinds of Star Wars products and we were very glad to realize that Costa Rica was full of fans just like us.

You can read many articles specifying why and how Star Wars changed the world socially, politically, economically and so on and so fourth. But what I care to write to you about is the fact that to me it was a great personal journey of realizing just how awesome my mother was and how she used science fiction to explain to her son that spirituality and religion are different things, all while enjoying this Skywalker family drama trilogy out in space.


More on this topic soon, and stay tuned on the AppleWorm Podcast these next couple of days for my non spoiler review and the latest episodes on iTunes, SoundCloud and PodOmatic.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame