Do you WANT the attention?!

As I ended my weekly podcast, this week got me thinking. There is a subject that I wanted to write out about.
September is right around the corner and I am excited to see what Apple has in store for everyone for the end of the year (specially in terms of AppleWatch). So here come the rumors...


Some rumors begin the DAY of the event about NEXT YEARS event... 

Some start a couple of months later and as the next event gets closer and closer the rumors start to range from plausible, all the way to apocalyptic and idiotic. Some rumors are actually useful and tell you why Apple could decide to go in a certain direction with a line of products. Some have insights into meetings and prove that leakers are either highly paid or simply highly capable liars. So all in all, there are tons of rumors... here is my deal

Rumors are rumors and some sources are certainly more trustworthy than others, I do not mind people writing rumors or even when they invent them, that's their problem. My question is: HOW do some of there writers become Nostradamus and write almost product reviews before even their existence. I understand that you may have experience and want to shoot your luck and hopefully say "I told you so" but it does not take from the fact that you are GUESSING and criticizing a product that you have not truly held and/or tested! Stop trying to get likes, clicks, shares by trying to get their attention with fake insight into what customers will think and will or will not buy. Report what you have to report, give your opinion, go ahead, be honest about your love or hate for Apple and their line up or supposed line up to come up. Just DON'T expect me to believe that if by a miracle's chance you are able to guess a feature, trend or announcement it was because you knew from the outside looking in.

We live in a crazy era where people think that the only way to become relevant, popular or (even worse) successful you have to be the loudest in the room, the ONE who disagrees, the one who goes against. And I am not just talking about Apple, fill in the blank with the last sentence of being the loudest. Sports, politics, religion, tech, you name it, people spontaneously combust with those subjects just to see if they get relevant or influence by using a blown up point of view that is meant for nothing more than noise and/or disruption.

I remember like it was yesterday the avalanche of negative comments about Apple's Apple-Music service when it was rumored to be first announced. How this was going to make Apple loose SO much money, how no one was going to change from Spotify and all other music streaming services, how they were going to be destroyed and ashamed to announce when it was going to expectedly go out of business... bla bla bla 

I started this blog and later my podcast and decided not to be loud, but to be honest: I am an Apple lover and a Samsung hater. That does not mean I am not able to see the faults in Apple and the successes in Samsung and don't get me started about Android because I even made a list of my favorite android phones, I truly do like some android phones. 

SO expect honesty from me, and with respect to that honesty I am here to say that I cannot understand that need for attention in going an extra mile and saying that Apple's, Samsung's, Google's or any other UPCOMING tech announcement is "the end of" "the worst catastrophe" "the beginning of the end" or many of the other unnecessary points of view about any of the devices or services to be announced without having even TRIED THEM OUT.

Let us get the rumors and make our opinion about them, whether they are true or not, and AFTER the products and/or services have been announced, then give out your biased or unbiased reviews... Until then limit your need for attention to twitter and not articles meant to "inform" the public. Not just for Apple keynotes, Google I/Os, Samsung Unpacked, Huawei, you name it...

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame