Remember

***I recommend a hot beverage with this one***


We all know those days when you feel tired, done for and just want to scream and cry; and when you finally go to bed, know that you have to get back up in 4 hours or less? Well, I am here just to remind you to NEVER forget those days, to remember the tears, the stress, the sighs... hear me out

It is in those days, tears, sighs, those moments when rage and the feeling of giving up comes through you, that you are closer to where you want and deserve to be.

People are in such a rush nowadays, they want everything the fastest, shortest, easiest way. It is in this impatience that social media pushes us to “prove” to everyone that we are doing amazing E V E R Y D A Y.

The truth is you aren’t even half way done

the bigger your dream the harder the obstacles on the way to attaining it. And when you feel tired or helpless or lost, you are probably half way through. People want a clear path but the road to success is always under construction... And that is O K.

An autumn afternoon some time ago back home in Aalborg, Denmark. It was cold (for me at least as a Costa Rican), maybe some 5 degrees Celsius. I came home after a day of hanging out with friends in the city. The apartment was empty, the sun was coming down. I do not know what came over me, but I just wanted to sit outside. 

Stillness outside, chaos inside… Stuff was happening, I was feeling nostalgic and grateful with a sprinkle of sadness and worry. You see, I wished I could be with someone back in Costa Rica who needed me and couldn’t.

I grabbed a thick blanket, made myself a cup of coffee and sat out in the balcony. 
Thought of nothing, just sat there and waited for the sun to leave.

It sounds as cliché as it felt. 

And every time I feel down or tired, I think back to that sunset. 
It felt long and the coffee was delicious, but the best part? No one had to know, no one had to be there with me, I just am glad that day happened. Because nowadays I look back at that day as a happy memory.

We are all so far away from our goal and that shouldn’t matter, because the road to get there is what we will have. What we leave behind is what we will get to tell people and what other people will get to tell about us.

Find yourself a space, a moment, a sunset. Think about how much is still left for you to live and smile

... think about all the people you haven’t met, the places you haven't been, the hugs you haven’t felt… And save that moment, because you need a strong smile to get through the rough days, and that same smile to celebrate the great ones.

Make more friends than mistakes and 

Remember
the good and bad days make your past... but

 the hard days make your future.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame