Software Boom Week

This week has been beautiful! Besides the large amount of work that I have had it has been the week of Apple software updates. My iPad and iPhone are now running the public version of iOS11 and my watch is now on watchOS4. I wanted to let you guys know how in these few past days the update has benefitted my life by empowering my devices with new software, while I await the public macOS High Sierra that is soon to be released.

First the easy and blatant changes: iOS11. I hope by now you have updated your iOS devices. If you have, you can be one of two kinds of people: First, the geeks and tech-savy people that dig into the settings and everything new with the software and try out the new characteristics and capabilities. Second, the "in time" type of people, these technological introverts decide to continue with their everyday normal use of their iPhone or iPad and stumble onto the new parts of the software as they go. Whichever of those you are, sooner of later you will find out some GREAT details like screenshots, or HUGE new layouts like the iPad's dock. Personally, I think this is one of my favorite iPad updates ever and a good one for iPhone. Without a doubt iOS11 is meant to over-boost the iPad as the amazing device it is and tell people that Apple more than "just cares" about the tablet environment and its differences with smaller screens and of course, with computers altogether. 
Second the one that people overlook: watchOS4. I could not be more in love with my AppleWatch after this update. I am sorry to tell Apple that I find no added value in having cellular data on the watch (because they obviously read my blog). However, the new Siri-face that knows my day, my routines, reminds me to stand, to drink coffee, to study, to stop watching YouTube and get back to studying and reminds me of upcoming events and so much more is AMAZING. I have better time management thanks to ONE watch face. Added to that the new workout app layout is much more intuitive and having music right there keeps me focused on the run. Plus, my trainer is loving the new heart rate metrics added to the work outs. The music app looking way better actually has managed to lure into using it, unlike before when I did not use it... Ever. All in all the watchOS update proves how powerful software is in the experience of Apple products even independent of the ecosystem, all the new exciting changes have made me feel like I got a whole new watch.

Lastly, today macOS High Sierra gets released! I am excited to note the small differences that add up to a seamlessly better computer. Mail is going to affect less the memory usage, safari will become smarter, so will photos, notes. We will get an improved file system, new video standard, Siri and cloud usage will be improved on. Basically, a lot of people will notice little to nothing new.

What do you guys think? What features did you enjoy the most, what do you think is missing?

Don't forget to listen and subscribe to The AppleWorm Podcast

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame