Tomorrow: Apple September Event 2017

Cold apple juice, Starbucks de-lactosed grande cappuccino, simple croissant, iPad playing the keynote, beats headphones to not listen to anything else; MacBook with twitter to give out my thoughts and pages ready to take notes for the upcoming blog entries and podcast for you guys. Aaaand my iPhone on Do Not Disturb mode. I have already told you guys what my Apple-Keynote day ritual looks like in previous keynote blog entries and podcast responses so I will let you in on another classic practice I tend to do the day before.

Since tomorrow is the big day I do prepare everything just in case: the obvious ones are simple: I have 3 backup batteries for my devices and I make sure they are FULL. I set up scheduled Do Not Disturb for all my devices 15 mins before and after the event to be able to focus and write out my notes without being interrupted unless it is an emergency.

Also I did tell you guys I do not "report" and/or get into the scoop and leak writing that a lot of people do. But one day before I go out to google and read the top article on "What to expect" from the event. I do not read the whole thing in detail, I skim through the article and get an overall picture of what a large part of the internet is expecting and why. This way I get to understand how "out of the expected" Apple goes in its schedule event. And of course, today is that day so here's my summed up version of the internet buzz:

iPhone seems to have two types: LCD version and OLED. Simply put, one is more expensive because OLED tech cost and suppliers. Also the screen will be edge to edge only on one of the models which means again: higher price. Finally the iPhone should not just change form factor but also will hurt us economically: expensive, as if it was currently cheep. Then of course, softwares will be pushed to the entire population of Apple Devices in the world: iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS.

Furthermore, the watch will have a Series 3 that will be either 2 models or just, but everyone seems to be raving about LTE or simply put, cellular data on the apple watch. Personally I would love an always-on display, but that would require some seriously powerful battery capabilities, specially when it comes to sports tracking capabilities, so I do not see how they could manage both, upgrading the screen capabilities while satisfying the large sports oriented consumer base that buys AppleWatch.

Finally, it has been about 2 years or more since the AppleTV was updated so I also expect that to be bumped up, specially after Apple is setting aside 1 billion dollars towards generating original TV content available specially for their services and platforms.

After these topics, there are a lot others more on speculation than fact or what I call "maybe's". AirPods, Macs, iPhone SE replacement, more on iMac Pro, etc. Basically, they have A LOT to cover in around 2 hours which is usually what the event will last. Some things will be left out, some will be surprising, some fully expected. What I am sure of is that this year will be a great one for products and even more for services.

I get nervous, I breathe heavily, close my eyes for a sec to enjoy the moment and pray for the internet to not fail me for the 2 hours that the event happens. And then... we're off to the keynote!

Tomorrow will be AMAZING and the tech world will shake once again, how much? how successful this new Apple bet will be? We will have to wait and see. I will say this... I will miss the home button way more than the headphone jack.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame