If you're thinking S9, think again...

Yeah I saw it, I heard the unnecessary jabs, I saw the unnecessary over-explanations of the new features. I highly recommend people to listen to my latest podcast episode 30 on iTunes and SoundCloud for more on thoughts of Mobile World Congress (MWC2018) and some phones that I thought were important to take a minute and talk about.

The smartphone world has been getting populated more and more by different brands, different form factors, innovations and most of all: options for consumers and I have always recommended the Apple iOS and iPhone ecosystem. However, I know this is not the only great option out there in the market. As the years went on and people said that Samsung was the "greatest competitor" Apple had... I have tried out the Note line, the Galaxy S line, the Galaxy J line, the Galaxy A line; not all the models but at least the top from each to give myself a sense of the idea behind their phones compared to the rest of options in the android market. So many options and so little to go by, I felt the gap between software and hardware very blatant in my hands. The bloatware, the different "covers" or changes that each company and/or provider gave the device, making it less and less a great phone and more of a recollection of characteristics.

I believe the true value of a phone to people lies in the individualities. A phone is like a person, they might be the same species, race, nationality, etc. that in the end they are all different. Some people are more about photos, some about social media, some about videos, some about finance apps, some about productivity, some about ebooks, some about audio books... The remote control to people's lives reflect the life we each lead and in every case it is different. Why the "deep analysis" of the smartphone and out life? Because I believe the smartphone HAS to be more valuable than the sum of its software and hardware. 

So instead of bashing the useless idea of samsung of driving hundreds of options into their consumers with loads of specs and see "which one sticks". I believe companies like Huawei and Google KNOW what they are doing and that becomes reflected in their products:

Huawei P series: these phones know that people care about their phones life in terms of Battery, Performance and Design. The phone improves and even simplifies the android experience that other phones try to complicate with useless features... Yeah I am talking about the unnecessary BIXBY! The battery life is awesome giving you all day capabilities and the screen looks as crisp as your eyes enjoy it to be.

Google Pixel 2 series:  this phone surprised me more than I thought it would. Let's start with a Bang - said Google and decided to give the consumer one of the best cameras ever put into a smartphone; two lenses? Hold my artificial intelligence (AI) said Google. And that AI based quality phone went throughout the experience; you see, when the same company makes the hardware and software there is no bloatware and you realize that sometimes simplicity does not mean basic, it means lack of noise and clutter. Also it means battery life gets benefits of knowing how much each task its hardware and software perform will drain. Thank you Google for proving Samsung and many other companies wrong in their approach of software. 

So all in all, I enjoy watching smartphones empower people's lives, helping them connect, share, access, inform, create, provide and innovate. I believe the connected world will empower those who chose to do so and it will sink those who chose not to prioritize, so if you want the best in the market, I personally recommend Apple iPhones, and if you do not connect with Apple and their products well then, I respectfully ask you to not default to the so-called "biggest competitors" out there and be smart about your android with options like the ones I provided.

Because in the end, the best phone for me will not always be the best for YOU
So, surely it will not be Samsung for both...

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame