Dear Internet,

PLEASE READ UNTIL THE END

Most people cannot imagine their daily lives and lots of people know not of a life without it. 

Some have grown thanks to and others in spite of it. A platform for some and against others. Still largely a mystery to the large majority of us... I have sat for minutes and hours just trying to truly understand the seemingly endless possibilities.

Some have lost their life, some try to avoid and clearly fear it.

I have lived short enough to see the explosion and take-over, I have hated and loved it... And yet here I am, living on it.

I wish everyone would take a look at their weekly report of internet usage on all devices. Saw themselves walking through their life, one screen at a time... I wish the connectivity someday became closeness. 

The internet got to 50 million users in about 4 years... Apps and the App Store reached that same number in less than 18 months... My point is... that I love watching technology enrich lives, and although the news and the click-bait and headlines make it seem otherwise, there are a lot of great ways that people have implemented technology.

A blind man that can hike in the woods, a deaf kid can feel the vibration of music, a person can be alerted about a heart condition he/she did not know they had, a community can get notified about the electricity or water outages that will happen to be prepared... A father can talk to his daughter had way across the world as she goes for a year cultural exchange. 

I want to take your attention away from the headlines for a minute or two. I want you to leave the negative, alarming, chaotic, stressful headlines for a minute and remind you that the fact that you can read this... Means your possibilities are endless, that we all have great privilege to have the tools that lots of others wish they had.

So dear internet, yeah you 
PLEASE take a minute to get off the negative, pessimistic, glass half empty, headlines of the world and appreciate the small or large opportunities that you have had and continue to have. I will leave you with a nice phrase from my marathon trainer:

"when you feel tired and fatigued and your legs hurt and your breath is heavy...
SMILE
because that means your half-way there"

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame