Side Effects of the iPhone X


Yeah, that's me going all kinds of crazy in happiness and hype when I FINALLY got the iPhone X! That day was awesome! And as the weeks go by and my hype goes down and my happiness keeps to rise I wanted to let you guys know how my Apple-Life has changed for better and worse thanks to this revolutionary device.

I got the phone and set it up with NO WIRES NEEDED! I had never tried that amazing iOS capability of having my iPhone 7 filled with my life. I have mentioned this before, but my iPhone is my life's remote control. Just in case I back up everything in my life to have access through my iPhone, documents from work, important stuff for work, podcast and blog ideas, shopping lists, reminders, you name it, it is on my phone somewhere. So taking all that into account the fact that my iPhone 7 just asked me if I wanted to set up my new iPhone OVER THE AIR almost brought me to tears! (dramatic much? I don't think so)

Yesterday I had my final exam of one of the university courses and finally had a couple of minutes to write out ideas for the podcast and blog again and realized how happy I am with the new AppleToy, but realized how life is not the same since I got this in my hands. Let's go from least significant to most:

AppleTV: nothing changed, I use my phone as the remote to the TV as I always have. It might AirPlay a little bit faster to the TV but nothing significant.

MacBook: Also no big changes, continuity is the best thing that has ever happened to any Apple user that has ever existed with 2 or more products from this awesome company, and again the speed at which the MacBook and the iPhoneX identify the app that I am using or that I am about to use when I get home or to the office. Siri has learned a lot about my routine and that helps A LOT.

AppleWatch: The watch has been nothing short of improved. I mention time and time again how this is one of the products that I most love because it filters my notification-tech-life and helps me train and is not just with me... It is ON me. The fact that the iPhone X will Not show me my notifications until I LOOK DIRECTLY at the phone is one of my favorite changes to the software interaction with the FaceID sensors. It is a correct step towards better notification system, which is one of the biggest improvement areas iOS has. The watch now allows me to see the full notification on my wrist before I decide to check my phone; again saving battery life on an already great battery life device.

Last and bitter-sweetly: the iPad
Here's the deal: I love my iPad and I do not want to change it until it is completely useless and outdated. I use it to study and read up books, articles, PDFs, etc. And unfortunately, for the first time since I have used iPads in my life... It felt old. The bezels felt HUGE and a little slow. I still love it, but it had never felt old until the iPhone X came to my life. The screen still is amazing to read and continuity allows me to respond to texts and calls and emails if I need to without having to turn to my other devices. I realize that the iPad Mini has a quite old processor and can only speculate that the slow feeling will not be so with newer iPads, and definitely not even exist with the iPad Pro which is a monster, but my experience is with my daily tools and the larger iPads are not my cup of tea.


All in all the iPhone X has improved my life, shown how much of a bold and new direction Apple has decided to take with this 10th anniversary iPhone that is as amazing and expensive as they come. It is everything they promised and then some, but also and shown me how quickly something feels outdated. If you want to know my thoughts on the iPhone X as a stand alone device you can listen to my thoughts on The AppleWorm Podcast Episode 23 on iTunes, SoundCloud and PodOmatic.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame