I am Not the only one!

If you see my face in that picture (second from left to right), you will see the face of a human being that has no idea what he is going to do with his life. That's the theme of this entry.

So, today (Friday May 26th 2017) I woke up at 5am NOT TO GO TO TRAIN... So when I wake up early and it's not for training or a race I get cranky. Whatever, I showered and came to university to get picked up at 6am and go to a universities fair and talk to students that want to know if they too want to study International Affairs. 


Boy was it an unexpectedly PACKED event! High school students form all around the country decided to go and had SO MANY QUESTIONS... I am so glad that I don't Vlog because my voice is TIRED! I was SO unsure of my decision of studying international affairs when I started at UNA (National University of Costa Rica) that now looking back I am so amazed that I even made that choice feeling blind about it. 

The fair stated that 11,000 students attended. And out of the entire hundreds that came out to ask me about international affairs AT LEAST 70% of them had NO idea of what they want to do with their life, and I was so glad to see I was not the only lost soul at that age. They came in waves, some groups were small (as in 2-8 students) some were large (10-20), and they were really focused on learning about my journey from "what in the world am I going to do with my life" to realizing that studying will help you make decisions about what you want to do in life.

I think Einstein or Confucius said something like "work at something you love and you won't have to work one day in your life". That was my main goal today and I felt with many of them that I didn't clear their mind, I did something way better. I told them that right now it is ok to not know, that being afraid is normal and good and bad decisions will lead you towards a place where sooner or later, we will finally know what we really want.

Cheers!



Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame