No, YOU move (wonder woman week)

One of my most recent favorite quotes I have heard was from Gary Vaynerchuk who said something to the effect of "I love NO, because the difference between you saying no to me and you saying yes to me, is me proving you wrong". I could not agree more with the fact that even though we are used to, and we have even been raised into trying avoid "no", we should appreciate it for what it is: an opportunity to improve ourselves and in the process, prove people wrong.

One of the easiest examples to comprehend my happiness about this is movies. I adore when people expect a movie to do poorly and it surprises the pants off everyone who spoke poorly about it or who just didn't expect it to be what it was. The top box office grossing movie of all time Avatar, the now sting standing superhero genre, the fall of DC movies and their rise now with Wonder Woman, the pleasant surprise of a contemporary coming of age movies and tv series like Edge of 17 and 13 reasons. So many awesome examples of people proving other people wrong. Jack Ma (CEO of Alibaba) gave one of my favorite recent interviews on success and being turned down (the interview is a bit long, but worthwhile).

I get so excited about moments that prove people wrong, in my life I have had the great pleasure of proving people wrong; but in everyday examples I also feel butterflies in my stomach. So I am not here to preach, I am here because I believe many times movies reflect reality, and the internet has a great deal of loud haters that sometimes have to shut up and delete their tweets. Often, we have to adapt to changes were we can and will, but when the time comes (and only YOU will know when that times is) it will be your responsibility to say "no YOU move". Apple did it with their idea that technology should inspire art and art should inspire technology and in that merging of science and the liberal arts innovation is what results.

So go out, watch Wonder Woman, and realize that it took 75 years of history for little girls and little boys to be able to see a female superhero movie that they can aspire to be like.

P.S. My favorite superhero is not Wonder Woman, it's the Flash, then Batman and then Wonder Woman).



Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame