Too Many?

Apple, running, soccer, movies, music. (more on these on later posts)

Those are some of my most important passions in life. Apple came into my life in 2004 with the iPod Classic, from there I did not purchase a new one until the iPod Nano 1st gen and ever since then upgraded yearly my iPod until I got into the iPhone 5 and the rest is history. I fell in love with Jobs' crazy life and ideology very early into investigating who in the world made these viral products (iPods in their prime), and the Apple idea of technology and liberal arts together really resonantes with someone like me that loves both tech and music.

Running became a passion thanks to my uncle (who is like a dad to me) that bet me that I could not finish a 10K run when I was 17. I took the challenge and in the process felt passionate towards the journey towards a race. a 10K normally takes less than an hour, but the training takes weeks and months. I am now training for marathon distance (42K or 26.2miles) and still my favorite distance to run is half-marathons (21K or 13.1miles). Training is almost therapy for me, it is a great long moment in my mornings that calms my mind in the same way my mom meditates every morning.

When I was in Japan and people asked me about generalities about Costa Rica, and one of the coolest way to explain culture was "Costa Rica has 2 main religions that merge one with the other: Christianity and Soccer". It is almost a family tradition to go to church or mass and to watch soccer. My family specially, my grandma taught my dad to love soccer, my dad took his younger brothers to the stadium with the little money he could save up from working, they took me and my cousins to the stadium and the cycle will live on. One of my dreams is to go to as many world cups as I can just to enjoy the world culture of soccer.

If my dad is to blame for my passion for soccer, my uncle is to blame for my passion for running, and my mom is to blame for my passion for movies. She would take me EVERY weekend to see a movie, and as soon as we came out, we would sit down to have coffee (since I was a kid I would have te or a costa rican warm drink made from sugar cane called "agua dulce") and we would talk about "what was the message that I took from the movie". I guess that is what made me so positive in life, even in sad or comedic movies I had to come up with a message or theme about life that each and every movie communicated most to me.

Last but not least music, I believe life takes a whole other meaning with music (deaf musicians can tell you more about this, and I know because I studied music 12 years and met a number of blind and deaf musicians that blew my mind with their point of view on music)...

So i will talk about these more in detail later... For know, think about your passions and embrace them, because at least you know what you love. I believe you must appreciate knowing what you like and not focus on what you don't.


Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame