The Small Things

I have told you before I believe being a spiritual person does not make you religious, one of the great reasons it makes me happy to have personally gotten to know more than one religion, is that my grandma said that in diversity lies good taste. You can say so about cultures, people, religions, food and many things, the more you know, the better your knowledge about yourself becomes. To all this, today I wanted to talk about a phrase that I believe and practice every single day of my life. Now even if you're not a catholic or christian bare with me on this one: "God is in the small things".

I like appreciating the fact that having a daily routine that sometimes has us bored makes us desensitized towards things that surround us. I understand that routine-boredom feeling because I have had very different types of jobs (the work from home, the office, the do-the-same-everyday) and I have found myself forgetting that work is necessary but should not make you feel like a machine... AND THAT is where the "small things" phrase comes into place.

When I worked at a call center, what kept me entertained was company, the friends I had to enjoy even the worst of calls. When I don't want to train but still do, I find myself counting the amount of people I manage to distract with a smile. When I feel sad or down because of out of my hands reasons, I find myself writing a long document and deleting the whole thing right after I am done. My mom always told me as a kid "count your blessings, not your problems". And I truly believe ever since I have tried to find small blessings scattered around; we forget the simple things and details. My grandma would completely have a change of humor in her day if she went outside and saw a nice garden, her face would light up and she would say she wished to have a beautiful garden. My grandpa would go EVERY day to church and when I asked him why he went so often he replied "I have more kids than weekdays, so I have much to be grateful for" and his way of being grateful was to go to church.

It never ceases to impress me, how often people count their problems and not their blessings. And believe me I know it is much easier to focus on the negative. It is as easy as turning on the news channel near you, or listening to someone complain about their life, family, work, etc.

"God is in the small things" is a great way to prove how different people can take in ONE phrase. Some may criticize it and say why God, I don't believe in him, why should I care? Or why in the small things, why can I not have large blessings or greater positive aspects to my day?...

Some others may chose to look at the phrase and see that the word God is just a three letter word that can be interchanged for drive, motivation, happiness and many others. If two people speak different languages then that just means you do not understand everything they are saying, not that he is more or less than you for that difference. Once you both find a common ground on which to communicate you will be amazed of how similar you are or shocked and learn from the vast differences you two have.

Some may see a miracle in someone buying their dream car, and some others may believe it is a single parent raising their kid while having to work. In the end they're both right if they chose to see the drive, luck, blessing and happiness behind both scenarios.

Count your blessings, not your problems

This is one of mine: having costa rican and danish parents raise me.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame