Update on Watch Series 2

So, I have had my awesome AppleWatch Series 2 for about 8 months and I just wanted to give you guys my updated thoughts on this device.


Do you remember the day or month or moment in which your smartphone became just as important or maybe even more than your car and house keys? That moment when you realized that your phone was so important that if you leave your house without it, you feel naked? Yeah, me neither.

That is exactly what I believe my Apple Watch Series 2 has come to do. The change from the original watch to the series 2 is in my opinion the change from exploring a new category, to knowing and driving the identity of the product. The fact that the iPad is just recently finding a better sense of its personality proves how amazing this 2 year product is. So swiftly the Apple Watch found its niche market in sports and health, that as a result it was already a billion dollar business as soon as it was updated for the first time less than a year ago. The way I would summarize why my Apple Watch has become such a significant device in my life in this one Image:

It is so easily within reach that it is as if it had always been there. It saves time, battery life, it keeps me informed, healthy and even filters my notifications in a way that I know that when my wrist is tapped it means something more important than when my phone vibrates.

Siri is naturally accesible and useful. Replying to texts from the watch for messages from any native or third party app is as simple as writing it out on my watch to not take my phone out if it is a short answer; or just dictating to siri if I am driving or if I don't want to sketch out a long response. Through the use of my watch I have learned to use siri more effectively: to start a workout, set calendar events and reminders, mute calls, respond to urgent notifications, and more.

If I had to describe why the Apple Watch being a part of the ecosystem is useful I would resume it in one word: Glanceability. I take my phone out way less now, I know when a notification is useful, and most of all: I have everything in one place. My watch is a filter to enhance my iPhone as a life tool; i have my sports updates, my social media updates, my news updates, my music and my training tracker all in one place. Other people customize the watch a different way, but those are my priorities for it. I love swapping the wrist bands to match my outfit.

All in all, I am ecstatic with my watch. I see no end to this healthy tech-life relationship I have developed with it. I highly recommend everyone to try an Apple Watch Series 1 if they want to see a big change in the way they interact with their tech, and if on top of that, they want to record their workouts only then should they buy the Series 2.

This week is going to have not one but TWO podcast episodes, as last week's editing took longer than expected. And THANK YOU to the more than 8 THOUSAND readers that have now become a part of my blog's time online!

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame