Wireless and PostPC World

The 12 inch MacBook is probably one of the biggest examples of why I love Apple as a company: risk pays off. We all know that the future is closer than ever, that idea of the flying cars, instant everything and magically technological reality is almost here. Home tech, virtual reality, augmented reality, self-driving cars, those are all now existent. Innovation is humanity's superpower and we have definitely used it exponentially since the Second World War ended and it does not seem to have any signs of stopping.

The 12 inch MacBook is everything we wish for the future: no wires. I have thoroughly enjoyed its battery life with no issues whatsoever in charging it to its full capacity and leaving the power plug home. Yes I had to buy dongles/adapters because the world around me is not wireless, but with a couple of dongles in my bag I have figured out that it is just as simple to carry around my iPad or Macbook. If it is more of a reading, studying, taking notes day, then absolutely there is no better way than to enjoy it on my iPad. If it is a more heavy working day, research, document making, podcast recording and editing, and so on, of course I will choose to take my MacBook. However, the difference in the use is what makes the decision and NOT the size and portability. That is where I am going.

People love to speculate if Apple is going to turn the iPad into a computer or turn the MacBook into an iPad. The whole idea behind iPad Pro was to find the identity of the product and provide a tablet product like none other out there, just because you are the best does not mean you should not innovate; the best person to put you out of business is YOU! On the other hand the MacBook is a more harsh, everyday productivity device that people know and is almost hardwired into an entire generation. My dad is constantly surprised at my ability of working on an iPad rather than on a computer. My mom is impressed about my use of continuity between all my devices and how much that makes me look like a pro, while I am just using the devices Apple has in the way that they intend them to.

So here's the punch line: Apple promised a post-PC world more than a decade ago, they talked about post-PC devices which have now reached a vast amount of the population. Not to forget the fact that the wireless future has not caught up with the post-PC world we do live in now. Unfortunately houses and MAINLY offices have so many wires, it is sad to walk around. I believe tomorrow the fact of the matter is that someone should push the envelope and Apple simply is one player in the game, other large companies and startups will and have created enough drive to hopefully get phones, tablets and computers that are as wireless as the future.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame