Ear-Candy: My Point of View

One of the best things my 12 inch MacBook and iPhone 7 have done to my life is shown me the great life of bluetooth earphones and headphones. Seriously, I felt so glad to leave my dumb comfort-zone of wired earphones to try out a good amount of wireless earphones and finally decide there are 3 TRULY GREAT options out in the market right now: BeatsX, AirPods and Jaybird Freedom.

In no particular orden I will recommend any of these to any and all users out there:


jaybird app


Firstly the more "peculiar option": Jaybird Freedom. Surprised? me too! Seriously I wanted to start out with these because they came to my life out of the blue, I had heard a lot of good things about the previous Jaybird wireless model earphones. So one day I found myself trying them out at an Apple Store and the workout emphasis these have, great battery life, plus being sweat-proof, all added up to me buying them. I cannot believe what I am about to say but, if you are a runner or someone who sweats a lot during workouts... These are the earphones for you (and me). The fact of the matter is that the sound quality alone is astonishing thanks to the dedicated app that will allow you to COMPLETELY PERSONALIZE the sound experience in such an easy way that going back to the other earphone experiences will make you feel like they lack that aspect. The sound and sweat-proof aspects are what set them apart from the others.


Next let's talk about the Beats option: BeatsX. These are truly deceiving earphones, as they seem much simpler than the competition, but once you know what kind of good-going-on-great sound quality beats always provides, you know that everything these earphones offer comes down to tech, fashion, brand and look. The added value comes from: awesome battery life (8 hours), lighting cable charging, a W1 chip (which makes pairing seem like something from the middle ages) and magnetic earphone tips that make sure they don't fall from your shoulders. These are set apart because they have a great look, their sober and colorful design makes them a fashion statement as much as a really good pair of earphones. Summed up, these earphones are more than just good working, they are good looking.

Finally the all so talked about AirPods: this is one of the most Apple-like-products made under Tim Cook. These are made specifically for the people who acknowledge that Apple's strength lies in the continuity its products provide. I will write is as blatant as possible: the mathematical equation to make AirPods surpass any other pair of earphones in the market by a LONG shot is as follows:

AirPods + Siri + AppleWatch = INVINSIBLE

Simply put, AirPods take Siri's productivity aspect of knowing your most plausible daily and weekly activities and music needs. Plus, adding to that the glanceability of the AppleWatch, which makes the interactions with both AirPods and whatever sound content you are consuming become twice more efficient. Best example is work or productivity: I listen to music to focus when I am writing a blog entry or university paper, AirPods almost predict what you want to listen to. I have music on my iPhone, a video loading on my iPad and working hard on the Mac, I will have to listen to some videos that I am looking into for the productivity on my iPad and the AirPods automatically know which device is the one needing the audio at that moment. Second case scenario: I use my iPhone as music or Podcast reproduction device and the iPad as a second screen for my Mac (via the Duet App), the same intelligent audio reproduction selection will happen.

All in all, I think it comes down to this:

Jaybird Freedoms are great for sound quality and sports.
BeatsX are the quality and fashion statement that beats + apple bring.
AirPods are great for anyone who is ready to step outside their comfort zone into the future, the same way the 2 port Macbook and the Headphone jack-less iPhone do.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame