Your Journey

So, I am at the airport waiting for the boarding to begin and of course had a small while to write out some thoughts:

The great thing about the future is that, just like when you don't know a person, it can be as much as your imagination allows it to be. Traveling opens up your mind because humans are made to have to rely on imagination when faced with something we have never faced before. That means that travel is always the difference between what you expect and what you live through. Even when traveling to a destination you have been to before, going back to a far away place is a great opportunity to realize  even more that what you are expecting can easily prove how much larger than you the world you live in is.

I truly love the humbling experience a different country and culture gives you. It is all in understanding that you live in a small section of a dust particle of the universe we call earth. I do not just mean this scientifically, I mean this also in terms of what you do and where that takes you. My grandmother was not allowed to finish high school because her father made her quit school to take care of her brothers as they had no mother to look after them. Even so, she decided she would continue to read as much as she could to learn about everything around her. Books, magazines, newspapers, anything she got her hands on she absorbed and learned as much as she could. After marrying my grandfather and giving birth to nine children that would make her grandmother she would always tell us "the best knowledge you can acquire comes from life itself" or as she would call it "the school of life".

She graduated SUMMA CUM LAUDE of the university of life (or whatever the highest level of life education is). Both my parents have had the privilege of graduating from international universities, both have travelled to many countries, both very knowledgeable people... However my counseling always came from conversations with my grandmother and afterwards... with them. Some of the deepest, happiest and most serious conversations with her. She could see right through me and call out my bluffs, tell me what I needed to hear... Without ever telling me what I needed to live instead of hearing. Some lessons cannot be fully understood through only one of your senses; some you need to fully live through to absorb the knowledge you need.

This week, it is something I have to live through to believe, to understand, to acquire knowledge for the journey ahead. I told you guys that this blog and my podcast are a journey with me towards success, MY success. A journey that in the way hopefully helps you guys find what you need to hear, read or understand. Every single journey is different and in those great and small differences lies the value of hearing or reading some else's point of view.
What I want to say before getting on this plane, and the next, and the next after that... Is that there are many things, people, lessons and memories that we are yet to learn. Just like a musician that is shaking in nervousness before getting on a stage in front of hundreds or thousands of people. Close your eyes and think about a person, a moment, an advice that comes to mind. Learn to smile with your eyes closed, and please realize that:

Your Journey and Mine start now
Because the present is a constant opportunity
To get to your next Lesson

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame