Side effects may include:

One of my biggest blessings is not being able to remember the first time I flew. I was about 3 and a half months old and the reason I know is because my mom told me so and showed me my first passport which has a baby picture. You see, the reason I count that as one of the biggest blessings is the fact that one of the best ways to get to know yourself is to discover the world. Culture, society and geography will open your mind to new parts of the world and new perspectives on yourself and the life that surrounds you.

Every time I hear someone feeling bored or monotonous on life, when people want to give up or feel down, so many things become clear in your mind when you travel that I recommend it almost health-wise to friends and family. It gives you energy, it shows you how small you are in the best way possible. Looking outside the window of an airplane while crossing the Atlantic Ocean as the sun comes up is a memory I cherish up until this day. The first time I travelled alone, the first time into any country, the craziness of figuring out a conversation in a language other than your own. The first time that I landed in Denmark and felt like I was back home instead of in a new or far away country, I remember I told my mom “we’re home!”, to which she smiled. 

I think the best technical way to put it is: TRAVELING IS THE BEST LIFE THERAPY. Every time I can I do and every time I can recommend it, I do as well. I talk about perspective, appreciation, self awareness, spirituality and happiness... they all can be found in multiple examples throughout my trips:

Perspective: looking at the world from atop the Empire State.

Appreciation: saying goodbye to the beautiful Japanese family with which I shared my days in Nagasaki.

Self Awareness: writing about the overwhelming experience of me, a Costa Rican being in Tokyo for the first time while sitting at a window that felt hundreds of floors from the ground and a view of tens of towers around.

Spirituality: getting to know Muslim and Buddhist people who kindly allowed explained and shared with me their practices and prayers.

Happiness: the butterflies that dance around my stomach every time I am on my way to the airport onto my next trip.

Side effects may include: staying longer than expected at a place you fell in love with. Having friends from around the world come visit you when you’re home. Changing plans on the go about what you want to do in life. Discovering new things you are passionate about. Wanting to share travel experiences with people you care about. 
And my favorite: a plethora of surprises.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame