Dreams vs Goals

One of the best oscar acceptance speeches I have heard was by Matthew McConaughey when he talked about looking up to God because of the opportunities He has given him in his life. Then he said he looks forward to his family, because they are the ones that taught him to be who he is and who make him thrive to become a man, father, son, cousin and friend. Finally, he explained who he chases after, also known as his hero, which is you in 10 years time.

I believe dreams are what keep you inspired and goals are what make the ride worthwhile. Not all dreams become goals and not all goals are accomplished and the faster you acknowledge that reality, the quicker you will succeed and understand why you succeed at some and fail at others. People say the best way to change a dream into a goal is to set a date; I humbly differ. I believe that the best way to make a dream a goal, is to do something about it, enough thinking, enough calculations and excuses. Everyone has a problem, everyone has a story, everyone has horrible disadvantages and impressive assets; and the difference between a person that complains and a person who does not is that one of them is clearly wasting time. 

I have so many dreams and will continue to have them to make my hero completely impossible to reach, I believe exactly what Matthew McConaughey said "Chasing something that is completely out of reach is fine by me". And he is right, people should have a impossible goal and figure out the phrase -whoever shoots for the moon and fails, still finds his place around the stars-. I have international marathon goals, career goals, family goals, studying goals, traveling goals, football world cup goals and so many more. All of those seem impossible but I have time, and if I die tomorrow at least I know I was on my way and left this earth trying to get there. 

This blog and the weekly podcast were too dreams of mine that I thought would not come true and NO ONE thought otherwise to support me. And you know what? I have no time to complain, I have life plans, family plans, studying plans, and so much more that cannot wait for my excuses to be dealt with...

So sit up straight, look at people in the eyes, pick yourself up and realize there is one simple equation for happiness and success together: Amount of times falling down < Amount of times getting up. And everytime you feel like complaining realize you could be using that time to study, work, exercise and so much more to be in a place where complaining is no longer needed.


Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame