How to raise your hyper active kid: The Real Secret

When I was a kid I was really hyper active and energetic, would not stay put, could not be more of a bother to my poor old mom and dad. One day they discovered the secret to my life: music. My mom was cleaning up the house and somehow I managed to turn on the radio and the music that was on was Carmina Burana. "IMMEDIATELY my son stoped doing everything except for breathing" or something like that is the way my mom explains what happened. I would not blink, move, speak, I was hypnotized by whatever sounds where coming out of the speakers.

Some time after discovering my passion for music my mom had a brilliant idea: lets take David to watch a movie that has an amazing score. And so, we went to watch kid classics like Toy Story, Hercules, Lion King and so on. It worked, but still not as much as just listening to classical music until... One day I saw my mom get way to excited to be true... I was confused, she called all her friends and would smile so much as she spoke. It had to be something spectacular, something out of this world that would make her this enthusiastic! Yup, STAR WARS was coming back to the cinema! Episode I The Phantom Menace made her go ballistic and promised me we would see it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I was much to uninvolved about the movie but watching my mom be THIS excited about a new movie made me happy. I grew up with these "not as good as the original" prequels and could not care less about if the original trilogy is better in your mind. My moms smile when watching Star Wars come back into her life makes The Phantom Menace the best movie ever made to me.

So, you wanna know her secret? Her way to calming the unstoppable ball of energy that I was... She found my passions and channelled my focus into those. Everytime me and my mom go and watch a movie, we will leave the movies and go find a cup of coffee or te and talk about what the movie tried to teach, what the message is and why it is important or not. We have done so since I can remember and will continue to do so forever because that's how she taught me to focus, to stay grounded even after movies as crazy and out of this world as Star Wars.   

that's my mom and the greatest Star Wars fan there is
I became a huge movie and star wars fan thanks to her, and we have gone to every new Star Wars premier since 1999. 

Oh, and music? I cannot live without (more on this later).

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame