Fathers Day


They say you cannot choose your family, and whoever "they" are, it seems they are kind of right, at least in my case. I say kind of because my dad and mom are and always will be my parents, but here's where the "family idea" changes: when I was a kid I was my grandfather's favorite grandson and EVERY day we would talk, he would tell me stories, we would watch a TV show called Walker Texas Ranger (yeah the Chuck Norris one), I would sleepover, he would take me to music and/or pick me up... he was all over my weekly life. He was amazing, and through him I figured out that you can have more than one dad and mom.

I have told you guys in my earlier entries about my danish dad, but really there are people like my uncle whom I run with, that I believe is like a father figure to me in many ways. Many friends later in life I found had no biological father because of different reasons and have always found their father figure somewhere else without looking for it. Mothers and Fathers being both at the same time, friends parents "taking in" someone as their son. It may be an idealistic way of looking at the reality of people who can find a father figure elsewhere but I am glad that first my biological dad and I have a stable, good relationship; and second that even if we didn't have a good relationship, I have found around me people kind enough to be some sort of father figure and/or role model that I am close with.

I have always said (in a joking tone/manner) that since I am a only son, that I want lots of children. And the truth is, I do want to be a dad, I just don't believe I will ever be truly ready...It's scary, at any age, but it must be amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Let the tech year unfold...

What does Captain Marvel MEAN to the MCU?

Apple's Endgame